2019 - "WATER DRIPPED"
Write a 100 word story in any style and on any topic that includes the words " water dripped". It can appear anywhere in the story - the possibilities are endless!
RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. The competition is open to anyone who is 16 years and over.
2. The competition is for an original work of fiction no longer than 100 words in length. Any title must be included in the word count. Hyphenated words count as one word.
3. The work must contain the words: "water dripped”.
4. The work must be previously unpublished and not be simultaneously entered into any other competition. It must be the work of the person entering the competition.
5. Closing date September 21st, 2019 at 12 noon.
6. The entry fee is £2 per story. Competitors may enter as many stories as they wish. Up to six stories may be entered for £8.
7. Entries can be made electronically or in hard copy. Entries are not returnable.
8. The judges' decision is final. Judges will not enter into any discussion.
9. A short list will be published on Saturday October 12th, 2019.
10. The overall winner and runners up will be announced at the Southam Book Festival on October 20th, 2019 and listed on the Festival social media page.
11. There will also be a local winner whose home address is in post code areas CV47 and CV33.
12. The winning entry will be published in the Southam Advertiser.
13. Submission of work will be taken as acceptance of rules and conditions.
14. Copyright of each story remains with the author, but Southam Book Festival reserves the right to publish a selection of the stories at some point during the or after the Book Festival
HOW TO ENTER
Choose the £2 or £8 PayPal button below - £2 for each story or £8 for up to 6 stories.
Email your story or stories to email@example.com.
Please put “Flash Fiction Comp” in the subject box.
In the email please give details of your name, address (including postcode), the name of your story/stories and your PayPal transaction number.
Your story should be included as an attachment. If you are submitting more than one story, please use a separate attachment for each story.
Post or deliver your entry to: Flash Fiction Competition, The Graham Adams Centre, St James Rd, Southam, CV47 0LY
Entries must be legibly handwritten or typed on one side of A4 paper.
Entries must be accompanied by a cover sheet which gives the title of the story/stories, competitor's name and address ( including post code) also email address if available.
Postal entries should be accompanied by a cheque to cover the entry fee.
Hand delivered entries may pay the entry fee by cheque or cash (which should be placed in a clearly marked envelope)
Cheques should be made payable to Southam Church and Community Project Ltd
Your story should be included as a separate sheet. If you are submitting more than one story, please use separate sheets for each story.